A time-honored part of our four-step business philosophy is to support the customer's needs after the sale. In addition to our product warranty, Howell offers in-house service for repair and maintenance of Howell equipment and authorized service centers throughout the world.
A. New Airborne Products
- Airborne products shall be warranted for 1000 hours of operation or 1 year after delivery, whichever occurs first.
- An extra 6 months shelf-life extension applies for airborne products delivered to qualifying aircraft manufacturers and modification facilities.
B. New Test Equipment
- Test equipment products manufactured by Howell Instruments, Inc. are warranted for 1 year after delivery.
- Heater Probes and TEMPCAL® Probes are warranted for 1 year after delivery or 100 hours of operation, whichever occurs first.
C. Repaired or Modified Products
- Products returned to Howell Instruments, Inc. for repairs or modification will be warranted for 6 months after repair. This warranty applies only to those components replaced or repaired, and does not cover failure caused by other components. The entire product, including components not replaced, has a 60 day LABOR only warranty. If repair parts total less than $100.00, there will be no charge for parts.
- Howell Instruments may decline repair to any product that has been previously repaired or otherwise modified by an unauthorized facility.
D. Warranty Limitations
The warranty as stated above will be void if:
- It is determined by the manufacturer that the failure was the result of improper handling, application of incorrect power to the product, or application of incorrect signal to the product.
- The product is repaired or opened by any facility other than the manufacturer, Howell Instruments, Inc., (except for a facility approved by Howell Instruments as their designated repair facility).
- The product is damaged in return shipment to the manufacturer as a result of inadequate packing.
- Howell Instruments reserves the right to exclude components purchased from outside vendors that have been determined to be obsolete.
E. Definition of Warranty Repair
- Units returned to Howell Instruments, Inc. for repair during their warranty period, as discussed above, shall be repaired at no charge to the customer.
- The original warranty period remains unchanged (is not extended) when a product is repaired under warranty. This includes new and repair warranties.
F. Definition of No Charge Repairs
- Items returned to Howell Instruments, Inc. for repair may be determined to be no charge to the customer.
|Product Category||New Warranty
|Hours Used||Repair Warranty
Repair or Modify(1)
|Solid State Indicators||1 year||N/A||6 months / 60 days|
|Engine Monitors||1 year||N/A||6 months / 60 days|
|Test Equipment||1 year||N/A||6 months / 60 days|
|Accessories||1 year||100||6 months / 60 days|
|Spare Parts||60 days||N/A||N/A|
(1) Reference Section C
United StatesHowell Instruments, Inc.
8945 South Freeway
Fort Worth, Texas 76140
United States of America
Contact: John Wright
Via del Fosso della Magliana, 34/F
Contact: Fiammetta Novellozzi
Sales Manager & Customer Support
United KingdomMuirhead Avionics
3 The Square Heathrow
Contact: Steve Wells
CanadaWright Instruments Ltd.
2762 Slough Street
Canada L4T 1G3
Contact: Jim Wright
SingaporeST Aerospace Systems Pte Ltd
505A Airport Road
Contact: Danny Lee
Identifying your needs and addressing concerns are a vital part of our commitment to customer satisfaction. Through means of customer input we are given valuable insight to areas where our processes may be enhanced. Please take a few minutes to complete this form. We appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts.
We respect your privacy. Your email address will not be shared with anyone and will only be used by Howell Instruments, Inc. to contact you.
* Indicates required field