Software Engineering Intern
We are seeking a Software Engineering Intern to work collaboratively within our team of engineers during the summer. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and self-educated. The Software Engineering Intern produces technical documentation in support of engineering development and certification efforts.
- Produces detailed functional requirements documents based on information received from Field Engineering, Engineering, and technical data packages.
- Assists in developing and executing software test plans and procedures based on functional requirements documents.
- Assists engineering technicians and inspection personnel in the testing and documentation of testing.
- Assists in translating Business Requirements into Functions/System Requirement Documents.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Actively pursuing bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering.
- Minimum two years writing experience.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Able to research, develop and test product design.
- Able to program using Assembly, C, and C++.
- Technical Writing using Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of software development standards such as DO-178 and DOD-STD-2167 preferred.
This will be a paid internship. The compensation is $18.00 per hour. Qualified applicants should e-mail resumes to:
Howell Instruments, Inc.
8945 South Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76140-4911