We are seeking a Software Engineer to join us in developing and designing products according to customer specifications.
Software Engineers participate in all aspects of designing, developing, and maintaining software used in real time data systems for the Aerospace Industry. Working in both Windows and Linux development environments, our software engineers utilize creativity, ingenuity, and good judgement to develop products, including: custom ground support test equipment, cockpit instrumentation, data acquisition and distribution systems.
- Identify and document software requirements based on high-level project descriptions
- Design and develop both low and high-level software for engineering projects
- Develop and perform unit/integration level testing
- Maintain and enhance legacy software
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Provide documentation for assigned tasks
- Complete additional tasks as assigned
- Proficiency in C, C++ or C#
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics and Electrical, Aerospace Engineering or related field from accredited college or university
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Embedded software development experience
- Windows or Linux development experience
- Zero to five years’ experience in engineering programming
- Good written and communication skills
We offer an excellent benefits package, including life insurance, comprehensive medical and dental plan, profit sharing and retirement plan and 401(k) plan. Salary will be commensurate with experience, education and ability. Qualified applicants should e-mail resumes to:
Howell Instruments, Inc.
8945 South Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76140-4911