Shipping & Receiving Inspector
Howell Instruments, Inc., is a privately-owned engineering and manufacturing company with a diverse product line including data acquisition systems, cockpit engine instrumentation, portable testers, and airborne engine monitors. We are seeking a Shipping and Receiving Inspector to join our Quality Assurance team. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and works well under pressure and with minimum supervision. The Shipping and Receiving Inspector inspects mechanical and electronic purchased parts and performs shipping inspections.
- Inspects purchased mechanical and electrical components using specification sheets and drawings.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings and specifications in determining acceptability of parts.
- Checks physical dimensions and functional characteristics of purchased parts.
- Records results of all tests and inspections performed.
- Ensures all test data, calibration certificates, and other applicable quality assurance documents are included with each product.
- Inspects product prior to shipment for cosmetic issues and adherence to applicable drawings.
- Performs various other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate; vocational education, training.
- Zero to 3 years’ experience in inspection or related field.
- Must possess excellent communication and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Must be organized and able to work independently.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- FAA Repair Station experience a plus.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including life insurance, comprehensive medical and dental plan, profit sharing and retirement plan and 401(k) plan. Salary will be commensurate with experience, education and ability. Qualified applicants should e-mail resumes to:
Howell Instruments, Inc.
8945 South Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76140-4911