Sheet Metal Worker A
We are seeking a Sheet Metal Worker to join our team. The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic and organizational skills. The sheet metal worker must have the ability to effectively prioritize and manage competing demands. The sheet metal worker fabricates parts from raw stock on standard sheet metal equipment such as shears, brakes, and presses.
- Working from blueprints, sketches, and standardized work instructions, and using standard sheet metal equipment such as shears and brakes to fabricate parts for Howell products.
- Fabricate sheet metal parts from various materials such as stainless steel, constantan, inconel, brass, copper, and aluminum.
- Rework defective parts as discovered by Production Assemblers, Electronics Technicians and Quality Assurance to meet acceptable manufacturing standards.
- Inform the Production Supervisor of additional tools needed to perform sheet metal work.
- Inform the Production Supervisor of any problems encountered during parts manufacture so that corrective action can be taken.
- Assist the Engineering Department in the development and manufacture of prototype parts for new products.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- High school graduate, vocational or trade school preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in general sheet metal work.
- Ability to operate one or more of the following machines and/or tools as needed; hand grinder, polisher, file, punch, hammer or other associated hand tools.
- Must possess strong work ethic and organizational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of shop mathematics.
- Intermediate knowledge in general and aerospace machining best practice techniques and the ability to read blue prints and data sheets.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including life insurance, comprehensive medical and dental plan, profit sharing and retirement plan and 401(k) plan. Salary will be commensurate with experience, education and ability. Qualified applicants should e-mail resumes to:
Howell Instruments, Inc.
8945 South Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76140-4911