We are seeking an experienced Accountant to join our team. The ideal candidate has an aptitude for numbers and is able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment. The Senior Accountant prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information. This individual also creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization.
- Verify, post and reconcile cash and accounts receivable every day.
- Support month-end and year-end process.
- Prepare and post month-end journal entries.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts at month-end.
- Prepare financial statements and analyze financial data each month.
- Assist with internal and external financial and state audits.
- Prepare ADP payroll for hourly employees.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles – by having a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- BS or BBA degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university. CPA or CMA certification preferred.
- Minimum four years’ experience as chief or senior accountant.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUPs and pivot tables, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
- Solid communication, organizational, and analytical skills. Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages such as QuickBooks and/or Quantum, ADP payroll and financial accounting statements.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Principles (GAAP).
- Accounting in manufacturing environment and cost accounting a plus. Government contracts experience a plus.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including life insurance, comprehensive medical and dental plan, profit sharing and retirement plan and 401(k) plan. Salary will be commensurate with experience, education and ability. Qualified applicants should e-mail resumes to:
Howell Instruments, Inc.
8945 South Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76140-4911