Director of Business Development
The Director of Business Development identifies new business opportunities within the Aerospace and Defense industry to drive revenue growth for the company. This includes fostering new customer relationships and leveraging existing customer relationships into sales opportunities. The Director of Business Development will be responsible for preparing the Business Development Strategic Plan with a focus on product, market, and customer strategies. The position will report to the Vice President of Business Development and travel is required to fulfill the role.
- Identify new business development opportunities for the A&D sector, based on sound technical knowledge and a clear understanding of the market.
- Identify areas for product expansion based on market gaps.
- Transform the long-term strategic marketing and technology vision of Howell into actionable and targeted customer leads.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, engineering, and operations teams to understand Howell’s key areas of expertise and identify opportunities to introduce that technology into new applications.
- Develop full understanding of Howell product offerings.
- Participate in the annual sales forecasting and budgeting process.
- Initiate new development programs and function as the primary point of contact with the customer.
- Understand A&D aftermarket and fleets including market trends, operator, and supplier activity.
- Develop and manage Howell’s representatives and agents within the assigned market segment.
- Visit key customers, facilitate voice of the customer feedback and ensure that the overall business relationship is enhanced.
- Maintain face of the company at key trade shows and other industry events.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years of progressing responsibility in sales and marketing, business development, or technical role in an A&D business.
- Strong knowledge of key A&D customers with an emphasis on one or more of the following market segments: DoD programs, Commercial OEM and Tier 1 suppliers, aftermarket support, or international business.
- Strategic mindset supported by strong business acumen, enabling the jobholder to identify new opportunities.
- Prior successful experience in leading technical projects; project planning and successful proposal writing experience are essential.
- Demonstrated track record for qualifying, developing and sustaining relationships with current and future target customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to generate and maintain effective presentation materials.
- Ability to qualify and match opportunities to Howell’s capabilities and aspirations.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including life insurance, comprehensive medical and dental plan, profit sharing and retirement plan and 401(k) plan. Salary will be commensurate with experience, education and ability.
Qualified applicants should e-mail resumes to:
Howell Instruments, Inc.
8945 South Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76140-4911