Design Drafter I
We are seeking a Design Drafter I to join our Engineering team. Design Drafters carry out assignments associated with the research, design, and development of company products. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, capable of maintaining accuracy with minimum supervision, and has the ability to work independently or on a team.
- Investigates and procures all data required to develop an engineering design.
- Solves mechanical and fabrication problems covering various assigned projects.
- Prepares preliminary sketches and schematic diagrams for product development.
- Employs the best combination of preliminary information and contributing data to develop final designs.
- Maintains familiarity with part numbering systems, blueprint files, and drafting procedures.
- Coordinates work of designer/drafters assigned to project.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school graduate; 2 years college or equivalent in applicable trade school.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in drafting; all phases of mechanical and electrical drafting.
- Must be familiar with machine shop practices.
- Must be able to use AutoCAD and Inventor to prepare and develop drawings.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Must be detail-oriented and capable of maintaining accuracy with minimum oversight.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including life insurance, comprehensive medical and dental plan, profit sharing and retirement plan and 401(k) plan. Salary will be commensurate with experience, education and ability. Qualified applicants should e-mail resumes to:
Howell Instruments, Inc.
8945 South Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76140-4911