We are seeking an Assembler A to join our Production team in manufacturing our diverse product line, which includes: data acquisition systems, cockpit engine instrumentation, portable testers, and airborne engine monitors. Assemblers build up subassemblies and unit assemblies for Howell products from vendor supplies and company-manufactured components. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, possesses strong organization skills and works well under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Build up electrical, electronic, and mechanical assemblies from blueprints and standardized work instructions, using applicable assembly tools. Includes items such as circuit cards, test set deck assemblies, indicator unit assemblies, heater probes, and cables from supplied parts.
- Rework defective assemblies as discovered by Electronics Technicians and Quality Assurance to meet acceptable manufacturing standards.
- Inform the Production Assembly Supervisor of additional tools needed to perform work in the assembly area.
- Inform the Productions Assembly Supervisor of any problems encountered during the buildup of assemblies so that corrective action can be taken.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum four years’ experience in electrical, electronic and/or mechanical assembly.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Ability to read blue prints and data sheets.
- Familiarity with basic computer operation.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including life insurance, comprehensive medical and dental plan, profit sharing and retirement plan and 401(k) plan. Salary will be commensurate with experience, education and ability. Qualified applicants should e-mail resumes to:
Howell Instruments, Inc.
8945 South Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76140-4911